First Nations Speaker Series
GML Heritage and the Research Centre for Deep History at the Australian National University, are pleased to present a ‘First Nations Speaker Series’. This series creates space for a range of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community members to talk about history, heritage and culture.
Guests are invited to the in-person event at our Sydney office to listen to, and engage with, a range of presenters who will discuss key themes in First Nations heritage and culture and issues affecting people today. Sessions will be recorded and posted to the GML Heritage website.
Key themes for the First Nations Speaker Series include:
- Connection to country
- Ancestral remains/Repatriation
- Destruction of cultural heritage and cultural harm
- Heritage reform (Local and National)
- Recent and contemporary Aboriginal connections to place
- Deep history/time
- Histories of place
- Hidden histories
- Shared histories
- Settler colonialism
- More-than-human relations