Join our Sydney team: Copy Editor
The Production & Editorial team in our Sydney office seeks a part time Copy Editor.
About the opportunity
The Copy Editor role will suit someone who enjoys flexibility, working a guaranteed 3 or 4 days per week, but flexing up to 5 days per week during busier/peak periods.
GML’s copy editors proofread, copyedit and format a range of document types. Using the GML Style Manual, the copy editors provide editorial services and support to the Heritage Consultants to help them deliver high-quality products that meet GML’s quality and style requirements.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Copyedit, proofread and format company-produced documents, including proposals, reports, and marketing material, in accordance with the GML Style Manual.
- Provide backup in production and Word troubleshooting as required and subject to availability.
- Copyedit/proofread and support the production of marketing material such as project case studies, news stories and company CVs.
- Assist with improving processes, protocols and checklists around production and editorial.
- Assist with maintaining and updating the GML Style Manual.
- Assist with internal education, training and briefings as directed by the Team Leader.
- Provide backup liaison/coordination with external proofreaders as needed.
- Adhere to relevant standards and quality certification requirements.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline such as writing or editing, or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated experience in copyediting and proofreading.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat.
- Very high attention to detail.
- Great time management skills and demonstrated experience in managing competing deadlines.
- An interest in heritage and history.
- Editing technical reports.
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign).
- Experience in a consulting or other professional services environment.
- MS365, SharePoint & Teams.
- Template development and maintenance.
- Familiarity with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA standards and experience in achieving accessibility compliance.
- Fantastic work culture in a multi-disciplinary environment – 2023 employee opinion survey results in the 86th percentile – “gold standard” employer of choice.
- Brand new interior designed office in Haymarket, overlooking Belmore Park – seconds from Central station.
- Flexible working arrangements/hybrid office & WFH.
- Annual health and wellbeing allowance.
- Annual training and development allowance.
- Loyalty leave.
- Paid parental leave.
- New employee referral bonuses.
- Mobile phone allowance.
How to Apply
To apply for the role please email email@example.com. Please include your resume and a brief covering letter/note addressing the criteria above.
Applications will remain open until this role is filled.