Join our Sydney Team: Heritage Consultant
If you are a highly experienced and enthusiastic heritage specialist who enjoys working as part of a dynamic multi-disciplinary team we would love to hear from you.
- Plan, manage and deliver a broad range of built heritage and architectural projects including strategic advice, undertake investigation and research, and prepare heritage assessments, conservation management plans, heritage impact statements and other reports, etc.
- Collaborate with our consulting team across a range of services and disciplines to deliver heritage projects.
- Manage and grow client relationships.
- Prepare proposals and tenders.
- Undertake site inspections, field work and participate in client and stakeholder meetings.
- Permanent full-time role with offices based in Surry Hills, but flexible working arrangements available.
- At least 8 years’ experience in a built heritage consulting environment.
- Tertiary qualifications in architecture, planning, construction, cultural heritage or an affiliated discipline.
- Sound knowledge of traditional construction, heritage building issues and conservation, and a good understanding of the impacts of adaptation on heritage values/significance is essential.
- Experience in heritage architectural practice an advantage.
- Demonstrated senior level experience in preparing quality heritage reports and advice.
- Excel in a multi-disciplinary team environment and deftly manage budgetary and time constraints.
- Detailed knowledge of federal, NSW state and local government statutory requirements.
- Current unrestricted driver’s license.
- Flexible working arrangements including work from home options.
- Generous health and wellbeing allowance.
- Loyalty leave.
- GML funded paid parental leave.
- New employee referral bonuses.
- Personalised training & development budgets.
- Post graduate study allowances.
How to Apply
To apply for the role, please write a concise cover letter to address the criteria outlined above. Send us an email with your cover letter and resume attached. Learn more about GML Heritage, our values and read our Capability Statement here.
Applications close at 5:30pm on Friday 22nd April 2022.