Join our Canberra team: Archaeologist/Heritage Consultant
If you are a highly experienced and enthusiastic archaeologist and heritage specialist who enjoys working as part of a dynamic multi-disciplinary team we would love to hear from you.
We are seeking an Archaeologist/Heritage Consultant to join our Canberra team.
This role will feed your passion for Aboriginal heritage, cultural and historical heritage, and archaeology. Technical proficiency in these areas coupled with your mature communication and project management skills will help you deliver quality outcomes for heritage, clients, and community stakeholders.
Experience in Aboriginal community consultation, historical archaeology, and Graphical Information System (GIS) mapping is highly desirable.
The Archaeologist/Heritage Consultant will be required to:
- Plan, manage and deliver a range of archaeological work and projects including strategic archaeological advice, investigation and research, site inspections/fieldwork and archaeological monitoring, cultural heritage assessments and management plans, archaeological assessments and impact statements, GIS maps and more.
- Collaborate with our consulting team across a range of services and disciplines to deliver heritage projects.
- Manage and grow client relationships, including preparation of proposals and tenders.
Expressions of interest from all suitably qualified and experienced candidates are encouraged, including those who require added flexibility – hybrid/remote working options and flexible working hours (e.g. part time, compressed hours etc) are possible.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Archaeology.
- 2-3 years+ experience in a consulting role/environment including the preparation of high-quality client advice, reports and other documentation.
- Excellent communication skills adaptable to stakeholder/audience.
- Demonstrated experience in archaeology project teams – as a project member or manager.
- Passionate about cultural heritage, archaeology, and the interests of First Nations Australians.
- Commercially savvy with experience addressing client requirements.
- Understanding of relevant legislative frameworks and statutory requirements in ACT and NSW.
- Willingness and ability to apply for and maintain Baseline Security Clearance through AGSVA.
- Aboriginal community consultation experience desirable.
- Experience in both historical and Aboriginal archaeology an advantage.
- GIS mapping also desirable.
- A collaborative, social, inclusive, and supportive workplace culture.
- Flexible work arrangements including flexible working hours and hybrid working arrangements.
- Employee assistance program.
- Paid parental leave.
- Loyalty leave.
- Alternative public holidays.
- Health and well-being allowance.
- Learning and development allowance.
- Mobile phone allowance.
- Employee referral allowance.
- PPE allowance.
How to apply
To apply for the role, please email email@example.com and attach your resume and a brief cover letter outlining your relevant skills and experience.
Applications will remain open until this role is filled.