Join our Melbourne Team: Heritage Consultant
If you are an enthusiastic heritage specialist who enjoys working as part of a dynamic multi-disciplinary team we would love to hear from you.
About the Opportunity
We seek an experienced heritage specialist with a strong architectural background to join our built heritage team in Melbourne.
Partner with experienced consultants across a range of built heritage services – heritage assessments, conservation management plans, heritage impact statements etc.
- Field project inquiries, prepare proposals and tenders, conduct research, manage projects, author reports, build, and manage client relationships, and contribute to a broad range of heritage projects.
- Work in the field, site inspections, client, and other stakeholder meetings.
- 6-month initial fixed term contract with view to permanency.
- Offices based in Carlton, but flexible working arrangements available.
- Greater than 3-5 years’ experience in a built heritage consulting environment.
- Tertiary qualifications (ideally with Honours, or Masters level) in architecture, planning, cultural heritage or an affiliated discipline.
- A holistic geographical approach to built heritage and site development, contemplating landscape, and archaeological factors.
- Architectural/urban/master planning experience well regarded.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing quality heritage advice.
- Excel in a multi-disciplinary team environment and deftly manage budgetary and time constraints
- Detailed knowledge of Victorian state and local government statutory requirements
How to Apply
To apply for the role, please write a concise cover letter to address the criteria outlined above. Send us an email with your cover letter and resume attached. Learn more about GML Heritage, our values and read our Capability Statement here.